Hi... thanks for popping by
Firstly though, my apologies for late post!
I thought I'd bring a splash of sunshine to this dismal wet day so let's get started.
I started with a white, 5"x7" card base and cut a strip off the front measuring approximately 2" plus.
I stamped the remaining card front using VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad onto Heartfelt Creations's Sunflower Stamp Pad. Once stamped I sprinkled WOW Embossing Powder in White Pearl Regular over the stamped image, removed the excess and heat set it. With the excess card I cut another two thin strips but varied the width of these. Next I applied plenty of ink to my blending tool using Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Mustard Seed' and applied it to the bottom half of the stamped image. I then applied Tim Holtz Distress Ink 'Scattered Straw' to another blender pad and covered the remaining image. I did the same to the two thin strips of card stock. I used a paper towel to rub the excess inks from the stamped image.
I measured a piece of acetate and cut it to fit to make a 'complete' card. I used red line double sided tape to adhere the acetate onto the edge of the cut piece of card and then adhered the wider of the two strips of card over it. I added the smaller strip of card to the outer edge of the acetate (hence creating a 'complete' card).
On white foundation card by CE I cut the Cascading Butterflies from Sue Wilson's Finishing Touches Range for CE. I used both the outer and inner dies to do this. I inked the butterflies, on both sides, using the pre-inked blending tool. These were adhered to the acetate using Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear Glue by CE.
On a sheet of A4 white foundation card I typed Hello Sunshine, I then copied and pasted it to the whole card (I will store the other strips for future cards or classes). I used the smaller ribbon tag die by SW to cut the sentiment and inked around it, using Mustard Seed Distress Ink, whilst keeping it in the die. Next I used the same tag die to cut a piece of vellum that I adhered to the sentiment (to give it a softer look) and added two tiny hearts and one tiny circle to the edge of it. I added mounting foam to the sentiment and adhered to my card.
Finally using a small rubber stamp named 'Tapestry', and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink, I stamped several images to the inside of the card that could be seen through the acetate.
Compared to the stages shown to make this card it really did not take that long to make it!
Welcome to Julie and Angela my latest blog followers, thank you for joining me
Thank you for visiting, I hope you may have gleaned a little inspiration, your comments are always welcome and I read them all
The winner of Saturday's card is...
Please email me with postal details to
If you click on the card you will see a more clear image and should you wish to save this, or any other card, there is a Pinterest button on the left hand-side, below the details, of each post I display :)